Monday, March 30, 2009

ASHP Hypocrisy

I have commented on the cluelessness of Am Soc of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP) on-line publishing model in the past via their forums.

My motivation for this is to get them to wake up and realize the potential of a full scale on line presence and to get them off of their antiquated paper publishing model before they go by the way of the Rocky Mountain News and Seattle Intelligencer

A new bizarre irony and hypocritical situation has emerged. While endorsing electronic medical records they still will not allow members to opt out of getting publications on paper. Their journal is extremely valuable and of high quality that I read religiously on lne. Every two weeks a large (rather nice, but incredibly wasteful) package arrives. Every two weeks I populate my town’s landfill with more waste.

Posted via web from RxDoc.Org

No comments:

Post a Comment